Simple easy to make chocolate brownies and ready in less than an hour, these rich, fudgy brownies are definitely a real winner. When cooked, the brownies will be slightly soft in the centre, but it will firm up as it cools and be careful not to overcook the mixture, or the brownies will be too dry. These brownies will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container, but from my experience these brownies never last even for 1 day because it’s so yummy and you just can not stop eating it.
- 125 grams butter or block margarine
- 40 grams cacao
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 60 grams self-raising flour
- 60 grams plain chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Grease a 20 cm (8in) square cake tin.
- Put butter or margarine into a small saucepan and melt over a low heat
- Add the cacao and stir until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Using a large wooden spoon, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the melted butter or margarine and cacao mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour over the top and fold in gently using a large metal spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is only just firm to the touch at the centre.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then cut into 16 squares.
- Remove from the tin and serve.